Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's day



So Mothers day came and went..i moved more of my stuff into my new place on mothers day while my friend Heather watched Sarah for me.
What a great way to spend mothers day. never mind. there is always next year!
We also didn't celebrate the 4th May, (mostly as i only remebered on the 6th...like i said before next year...!)
I met Sarah for the first time on the 4th may 2007 and never new how much that day would change my life forever. i was first handed a little boy (Quinn who later got adopted by a very lovely family, he's 2days younger than Sarah), and played with him as he was awake. someone came in and said oh so you'll take him then. i said hang on a minute, what? i don't want to choose which baby i take for the weekend. i can't do that!I can't say sorry you don't get to come home with me... Then Ina (who is the lady that first asked me "so you like kids, have you ever thought to take one home at the weekend?" )she said i thought that you should take the little girl home as she is very small and light. I looked over at Sarah who was asleep, and at that moment she woke up. Her little eyes were all glued together with sleepy eye (she had blocked ducts). Her face was round and red and cracked (Excema), and i thought that's the one. i'll take her! i was then told that she doesn't like to drink milk and it will take her an hour or so to drink 80ml...and that sometimes they have to syringe it down to get her to drink it oh and she often pukes it back up...(i thought milk allergy, they didn't for another month!)
So i brought my little bundle of joy back to work to show Tom and everyone that was still around. Tom said...Paula why do you always pick the sick ones (this goes back to the fact that i have had a number of animals and most where the smallest or sickest little things that no-one else wanted)
I wish i had taken a photo of her eyes like they were but i always cleaned her up for photos and tried to make her look her best. It's hard to belive that she was so tiny and yet so chubby. She was off the bottom of the charts for weight gain for way over a year and is now at the bottom for weight but her height is perfectly adverage. My little bundle of joy is a big bundle of engery that i love more and more. Maybe in the future she will make me a mothers day card and tell me that she's glad i am her mum, as i am sure glad that she's my little girl.

5 comments:

Anna said...

that's beautiful...

she'll tell you more than that when she's older. such a precious gift you are to each other.

The Accidental Mommy said...

Uh, hate to sound like a moron but who is the baby on top? That can't be Sarah can it?
Next year for sure she will be able to draw something cute, her nanny should help her. She loves you with or without a card!

Paula Perry said...

Yep its Sarah at the top...my little thing, she was all puffy with cracked skin. bless her.

Unknown said...

Hi P,

it was very well written, brings a lot of emotions back.

we will go for a proper celebration next week.

Tom

The Accidental Mommy said...

Oh so cute! I can't believe that is her under those pudgy squeezie cheeks!
I hope it wasnt painful for her.