Friday, January 9, 2009

The start of a new career?

So i got the job as a teacher, and i will start working on 11th feb..so in one month.
This means that i am giving up "science", and moving to teaching...
i will be teaching science but it is nothing like the science that i am currently doing...the kids i will be teaching are about 6-9 years old... ipso facto they aren't quite and PhD level plant science.
I is hard to believe that i will be teaching in a month, i am excited but have my reservations. I will be teaching English for one thing...which is far far from my strong point (as anyone who reads this here blog would have found out!). I am just hoping that they don't ask me to explain things such as when to say without or with out...ect... as i don't know why. Also i am a little dubious as to when to use a comma with in (or is that in fact within??) a sentence...as for spelling...i will be teaching them the art of using a dictionary, based on the fact the phonics can not explain everything~!
The other aspects of the job, teaching science, social studies, maths ect.. i can do that i'm sure. i suspect i won't even need that much prep for those but the English...that will take some work!
So i will be working less hours at this new job, about 4-5 a day, and i will  get paid more...go figure. I guess that i should have looked into doing this right away when i arrived here as i wouldn't be so skint right now...
I will have to find a new nanny for Sarah as i want to find one that is closer to where i work. It's such a shame as the one she has now is really good, (bar the fact that i suspect she feed Sarah meat sometime...but maybe that's just me being paranoid!). I will need a nanny for just half days and i don't know how easy that will be to come by...but i will keep looking until i find a good one. I can keep her current nanny till i find one closer i guess.
I will also have to get internet at home..as i currently don't and rely on the fact that i can "internet" at work...(that a verb right?!)
Oh me on my, oh me oh my, what a lot of things go by...(reading one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish a little too often!)
As for the adoption now word.
Oh Tom's car broke beyond repair...so now he's going to buy a NEW one..really a new car. they are quite cheap now a days what with the economic down turn ect... so i am doing some research into good small, fuel efficient japanese cars...any ideas?

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Thanks for stopping by, I will add you to my reader!

The Accidental Mommy said...

oh yay, congrats on the new job! Dont worry too much about the language part, they are young and won't notice if you have it a little wrong. LOL!