Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dental caries...

my dear sweet little girl that doesn't like sweets and loves to brush her teeth has dental caries. What a nightmare. i noticed a small hole on her front tooth so took her to the dentist yesterday and it turns out she has not just one but two little holes.
She's never been to a dentist before but she was and ANGEL. my wiggly running about little girl sat perfectly still with her mouth open and didn't bat an eyelid when they scraped the hole and filled it and set it..seriously she was perfect.
They tell me they don't add any fluoride to water in Taiwan...so she painted some on her teeth. Ten mins later Sarah puked up over me (into a paper towel mostly)...it turns out that this happens sometimes...a heads up would have been nice!
I feel like a terrible mother that can't even look after my own daughters teeth, so now we are super alert during brushing. i even brought disclosure liquid so i can see if i missed a bit. it's bright pink and she thinks it's great fun.

7 comments:

The Accidental Mommy said...

oh come on, that has to be a genetic thing. There is no way that is your fault. For criminy sake, you guys eat vegan! A few candies are not going to rot her teeth that quickly.
Genetics.

The Accidental Mommy said...

HEY! I just had a thought- how expensive is it to ship stuff to Taiwan? I have a ton of great kids clothes and no one to pass them on to. If you don't mind previously- played- in stuff.

Paula Perry said...

wow that would be wonderful. i doubt it's much if you use slow mail. i could find out as my mates sister sends her stuff. i'll email you ok :)

Sheri said...

I am a crazy brusher and a manic flosser and I have horrible teeth. They rot clean out of my head. I got them from my mother and passed the mot my daughter. Sucks!

The family of six said...

Sarah had it too. She wasn't an angel though when they filled it! It felt like child abuse holding her down. I felt like a bad mom too. (((HUGS)))

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

oh dear. I worry about that with Noah. He does not let me get good in his mouth adn it bugs me!

blessings,
Tami
Noah, Celeste and Jeremiah's mama
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Anna said...

hey, paula's not trying hard enough, where's your update man, hehehe.