Monday, June 8, 2009

Many thanks to Essie

Many Many thanks to Essie for sending me some lovely clothes for Sarah, they are hand-me-downs but i am sure it cost a lot to send them to me and i thank you. They are great, and adorable. We don't have second hand shops here in Taiwan (Goodness only know why) so i get most of my clothes from my good friend Heather. She is leaving Taiwan soon (next month right?) and Sarah and i will be gutted. not only for the very cute hand-me-downs that she hands up to us (Lili is 5 days older than Sarah but a tad bigger) but for the endless things that she had done and give to us. I will write more another time as i don't want to wish away the time i have with her now.
So i am sending Essie a parcel for her little girls, and Sarah rates everything that's gone in there (she wants it all) however has been very good at saying this is for Genea, this is for Teena very cute. I just hope that they like them as much as she does. After all she is only 2 and they are 4 and 6...but Sarah's a girly girl and loves anything shiny!
Before i was a mother i always thought that i would dress my kid in gender neutral clothes and that it as really terrible to dress little girls up in pink all the time...however when i became a mother and didn't dress her in pink everyone said oh Dee Dee(which mean little brother) so cute ...so then i started with a little more girl, mostly due to other people at the time giving me very pink things for her (some very very pink) and she looked so cute i went with it. Why fight this fight, who cares she is a little girl and wow she does look good in pink. However now maybe that is why she is turning into such a girly girl. Lisa said God is funny that way, and yes He sure is.
So here are a few photos from a very rare event in Taiwan (as far as i have noticed at any rate) a rummage sale! which was great fun and Sarah had a ball playing with lots of junk. It was held to raise money for an orphange that i know quite well (not Sarahs but linked). the play group that i've started to meet with organised it so our new friend Kelly was there too with her son. Sarah's wearing one of the dresses that Essie sent, doesn't it look perfect on her. bless.




3 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful!!! That was sooooo sweet of Essie!

Annie said...

Hi! I popped in from Essie's blog. I have to say I've always noted and really loved your blog title. Reminds me of myself.

Your daughter is adorable...and I have decided they COME like that - some go for the "princess" stuff, some don't and it doesn't seem to matter one whit what momma does.

Reminds me of my determination not to have guns or any violent toys for my firstborn son. And no TV either! So imagine my amazement when I saw him running around brandishing the carrot from his vegetable puzzle saying, "Bang! Bang!" One or two trips to the church nursery....and there we are.

The Accidental Mommy said...

HA- she looks adorable! I will get a better grip on international shipping next time. Crazy thing that is.
I am happy to have someone to pass on my girls clothes too!