Monday, August 17, 2009

The big water park!

So on Saturday Tom took us to the BIG water park, which is like 40 mins drive from my place. The weather was just perfect, not too hot (still hot but with a little cloud cover), no rain and no wind. How lovely was that, and it lasted all day!
We meet up with Kelly Cos and Nik, and had a ball.
Sarah LOVES the water now, I am SO pleased to see her splashing around going up and down the water slides by herself!! She is so miss independent and I let her be (sometimes!). Taiwanese people tend not to let there kids do stuff like that by themselves they are there to hold there hand, or simply wait till they are much older to let them go. To be honest Sarah was by far the youngest little kid going up and down, which made me question whether what I was doing was ok or not? I don't know but everything turned out ok, and Sarah had a blast. I can't count how many times she went up and down but it was over 50 for sure. There were three slides she did the most, at first I went on the big green slide with her as it was quite fast…then she went on it by herself without even me knowing..(Two slides together one yellow one green, yellow was tame and green a tad fast, thought she was going down the yellow but when she didn't appear I looked to the right and there she was walking away after going down the green one by herself!)
Needless to say she has little fear of things like this, which is worrying in some way, but good in another. I am 100% sure that when she is older she will LOVE the massive slides that they have there, as she is already asking "Go big slide, Go big slide"...of course i am not that mental! (Plus they'd never allow it!!)
So here are some photos…I have tons of them that Tom and Kelly took, it was a great day and i hope we get to go back there before summer is over.
Maybe with my sister..who says she might be coming over for a few days in Sept.. How great would that be!







yes that is Sarah under the water...how proud of her i am!!









2 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, i over heard another mother telling her boy, who must be much older than Sarah, and reluctant to go on the slide unless his mom goes with him, that look how brave *little mai mai* (Sarah)is doing it all by herself.

Unknown said...

i love the last pic, it so cute!