Thursday, August 20, 2009

Too True Tuesdays (well Thursday)

Well like i said i don't work on Tuesday...so its Thursdays, sorry Essie!
So what shall i share...
Ok so i was thinking about this the other day when i sat on the underground (mrt, subway..what ever) and i was sat next to a guy that had a huge, pus filled, tight, ready to pop, spot on the side of his neck and plenty of black heads to boot. all i could think of was how much i wanted to squeeze it.
I was thinking this and then thinking that its pretty gross that i want to do that, its almost like a compulsion rather than a want, like i need to do it. Of course i didn't...i am not that flipping crazy. I have however seen a woman squeezing her hubbys face on the mrt, right there for all and sundry to see...not nice but i totally get why she did it.
If i get a spot, it gets squeezed as soon as i notices i can't even hold out for a min. I have to pop that little zit...sometimes i squeeze it too much (well all the time not just sometimes), and it leave me with a far bigger mess than i started with. i get these white spots which are in fact a build up of skin cells (so they tell me) well i've had them as long as i remember as do all the perry clan. these are not your normal spot, no they need tougher action, i have to get a needle out and pick them out as they are hard lumps under the skin. i love picking away but have to stop myself or i get a big old scab on my face...i currently have one.
So there it is my secret is out there i love squeezing spots, even if it is gross i still like to do it!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

That's funny! I can certainly understand that though.

When my kids were babies, I was always cleaning their faces. Drool, boogers, food: drove me nuts! I couldn't help myself. Then, one of my kids had a plugged tear duct and it was a constant battle against the crusties for weeks. My mother-in-law used to laugh and say, "you just can't leave it alone, can you?!"

Now they are older, and if I come at them with a wet rag, they RUN!

The Accidental Mommy said...

Sounds like my compulsion with my callous shaver lol! I actually had to throw it in the trash to stop using it as I was running out of skin and beginning to bleed.
Sigh. I miss that thing.