Monday, July 7, 2008

Me and modeling...??




Modeling

Ok so a year or so ago i was walking down the street by 101 with Sarah (who was a wee little baby) and asked if Sarah and i would be interested in doing modeling work for things like advertisements, now this is only due to the fact that i am a white woman in a very Taiwanese world..


"They" apparently always need people (white people) for adverts....don't ask me why i don't know, its strange really and a little sad too as i guess that these companies be live that white faces are able to sale their products better than Taiwanese faces...to the Taiwanese.


The woman seemed nice enough so i gave her my mobile and went about my life. A year later i get a phone call, in very broken English, if i would like to have photos taken of me and my baby....it was a guy and it all got confusing with his broken English and my in ability to recollect this conversation i had with a woman (who's English was perfect). So i past the phone to my mate to talk to him thinking she will just say its some weirdo ect..


but she didn't she looked up the company online and it seemed fair enough. So she called him back saying that Sarah and i could come in on Saturday (5/7/8).


So i went!


After all i am rather poor (to say the least, which is my own fault as if i just submitted my Stupid Thesis i'd earn alot more...agghh) so instead i think this i a good idea (and yes i know i do that instead of writing ie take away time from completing something that is more solid on to a mear wim of an idea...).


So i go along with some clothes that they asked me to take (high heels...that i don't own but brought along the best pair of shoes i do have)


Tom came with me, which i am so grateful to ask i'd hate to go on my own (well with Sarah but does she count? i don't think so in this case). i figured that they would see me and Sarah and say in fact we are interested. i doubt they were expecting me to bring a Taiwanese baby...ie no blue eyed blond little girl. but they didn't she was very nice and asked if we would both like to have photos taken, which they then would show to companies looking for models and if they wanted to shoot something with either of us they'd contact them and they would contact me.


Sarah was a tad out of sorts and has been all weekend. not sure why but i guess she's not feeling too great, however i think they got a few nice photos of her and a few photos of me (not sure about the nice for me but they will do, maybe i can be in a crowd ect..)


So i think i have a couple of photos that Tom took (including Sarah trying on fake glasses) and a small video that Sarah took...(very funny but mostly of the floor!)

1 comment:

AdoptaMama said...

My fair-haired, blue-eyed nephew did tons of modeling when my sister's family lived in Taipei. He was 5-7 years old at the time. He was in and on the cover of many catalogs, costume packages, on billboards and buses, etc. He made quite a living doing it and he was good at it. Now that they're back in the states, he's just another kid. ;)