Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New Teva's


I have new Tevas, they look like this: i haven't got a photo yet as the battery has run out on the camera and i forgot to charge it...
I am just glad to have new Sandals that won't be falling of my feet any time soon. 
As a kid i'd always take my new shoes to bed with me...i'm not too sure why but i guess i thought it was pretty cool that they are so clean and new you can take them to bed with you....needless to say i didn't take my Teva's to bed with me....as i wore them as soon as i (tom) paid for them!
The woman in the shoe said that i must have worn the last pair everyday...well she's right i guess. She also said i have very long narrow feet...ok they are narrow but the length is average in the UK...in Taiwan however it's the size of mens shoes! great huh. 
If i had to name just one thing i hate about living in asian its feeling so darn huge all the time (there are way more than just one but this it at the top of my list!). Everything i buy is XL or XXL in some cases..when to get a swimming costume and the woman looked me up and down and said XL maybe XXL!..it makes me sick. 
I therefore avoid buying any clothes as its just so embarrassing, and make me feel rubbish for the whole day. I'm just glad that i am too busy to think about what it mean and not to panic about the fact that everyone sees me as huge here, also i feel so bad for other westerners here that are bigger than me as i am sure they feel just as bad about themselves. I also console myself in the fact that its genetics oh and the diet your mother fed you as a kid! yep when in doubt blame your parents!

1 comment:

Heather Hammond said...

I totally blame my parents for my feeling like a moose here....and my grandparents and my great grandparents, etc.... we may be extra extra large in size but they (asians in general) covet our fair skin...so maybe it's an equal trade.