Tuesday, February 24, 2009

my new MSI

MSI is my new computer (its one of those small things that is still a laptop but much smaller), Tom brought it for me due to the fact that i have no money currently. I will be paying him back with the next couple of pay cheques. I hate to borrow from him but he wanted me to have it, and he is thinking to buy one for himself so he can have a go with it to see if he likes it. Still it's very sweet of him, and it is a back saver for sure. it weights almost nothing compared to my old computer it is tiny. i have to say this is the first time i've really used it and i love it already. i don't notice that its so tiny. i am totally blessed with tiny hands (which is by far my best feature! if i do say so myself...is that vein to think that your hand are your best feature, i hope not i don't mean that they are better than other peoples but they are the best thing i have...except they are often painful) Going back to way it's a good thing to have small hands is that the keys are smaller on these computers but to be frank i can't tell. i have no problem touch typing this so i guess that my fingers are small enough. i can't see that this would be wonderful if you have great big sausage hands...but here in Taiwan i don't think anyone has fingers like that. Even the guys have middle size hands.
Tom picked up Sarah yesterday after work and then picked me up from the mrt, he's done this a few times since i've had the new job, on mondays and thursdays mostly as that is when he doesn't play tennis after work. He tells me that Sarah always asks where's mummy, and has even gone up to people (randoms) and asked mummy where.
Sarah is such a doll i love her so much. i miss her terribly when i am working and run, yes run to get back to her. i get really annoyed with the mrt taking oh SO long (it's really fast and reliable so i can't complain really). This leads me to the point that i have to have to find a new place and new nanny asap. it's killing me being so far from her all the time....but maybe i am getting fitter!
Tom is also lending me his ipod shuffle (due to me loosing mine and then my nano, read previous blog about that!) Its great to have podcasts back, but now with the new computer i have to download them all again...i have to remember what they are all called ect.. manic mommies is of course up there, as is creating a family (which is a great resource for adoption and/ or infertility, its also good if you've already created a family via adoption, as they have some great topics on there), then there all all the bbc ones i love so much which are funny mosltyAdam and joe are great but maybe not to everyones taste!
I admit that i am addicted to podcast. At home (england) i was always happy if i had a radio. i love listening to programs and djs talking and comedy ect.. i love it. i'm not so bothered about the music. I think it's like having a book to read, but without the headache of reading...(even though my reading has gotten way better since i discovered blogs!)
I was thinking the other day when Heather told me that she got a Kindle for Christmas, if it was possible to download blog pages to a kindle? that would be pretty cool i think. i've been reading blogs on the mrt but getting your laptop out to do that seems a little extreme! i have also printed them off (to get back stories, i recommend http://theaccidentalmommy.blogspot.com/ and http://tudusamom.blogspot.com/ ) I read lots of other blogs but the last one in particular i think the back story is very interesting. Accidental mommy is very funny to read, you can read the back story for more laughs or just drop in and read it either way its pretty funny.
ok best get back to work...i spend way to much time blogging and not working..no suprise right.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cool, i am really glad you like your new computer. i tired typing on it yesterday, but i find it a bit hard to get use to , have to really concentrate or i make a lot of mistakes.

The Accidental Mommy said...

Those new little computers are very cool! I have a big clunker of a laptop but I love it. Before that I had an antique (5 years old) desktop kind where the brains had to sit on the floor. Very nice for Thomas to help with!
And of course, to read blogs!