Thursday, February 26, 2009

vomit and jumping

So last night Sarah threw up all over me herself and the floor...nice.
I'm not feeling the best as it is but this nearly threw me over..ie i nearly spewed too.
So i guess she has Tilly's bug..or another bug who knows. She's not too bad this morning, but when i left her at the nannies she started crying and then the gaging...not a good sign. so i waited with her for a while and the nanny promised to take her to the park...she stopped crying and was fine.
I'm sure that she'll be ok, i just hope she doesn't throw up again. yuck is all i can say. normally i don't care too much about vomit but when your feeling a bit sick too...its really not what you need.
Before she vomited, she was fine running around the house doing her normal things. She did however jump of the stairs (we have strange stairs that bend and thus there is a little platform half way up...you can jump down the other side (the cat does regularly!) as there is nothing there stopping you.) she's never done it before, at least not that i know off, and has always been pretty good going up and down (for the last 4 months or so) but yesterday she went half way up the stairs and then appeared around the corner. I didn't even hear her land. she just came around like she'd just walked down...but she must have jumped or lowered herself.
What was so funny was i tried not to laugh when she appeared (which is pretty hard as she just walked around the corner like surprise!). As i was telling her off she sat on the stairs with her hands on her lap and said sorry...ie she put herself on a time out! so cute. Now she says no no no to that bit of the stairs when we go past it. I hope she doesn't do it again, as i think she could really hurt herself if she fell.
I'll take a photo of the house so you can see what i mean re the stairs...difficult to explain, but the height she jumped was taller than herself.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

OOOOOoooooo....hoping you're both feeling much better very soon. That stuff is going around here now. Everyone I know has it. Makes me glad I don't leave home much and hoping we can escape.

The Accidental Mommy said...

OH NO!!! Well, rest assured I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I really really do. Bleh. Horrible. My only trick is to pull my shirt up over my face to filter the smell.

Paula Perry said...

yes i only breathe threw my mouth to avoid smelling it...but it doesn't really work. what gets to me is the lumps..like the whole peas/sweetcorn and stuff that just puts me off eating them...yuck!

Unknown said...

thank god she didn't have a concussion...

it was really funny though that you can;t stop laughing whilst giving her a time out, and she just went and sat on the stairs all my herself after the stunt. i thought that was good automatic timeout training there, can you persuade her to keep this up till she is 16?