Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy new year!



So Chinese new year has come and gone, we had a week off work so it was ace. I got to spend the whole week with my little girl...who is not so little any more.
Today is the first day back and i have to say i miss her. I don't miss the not sleeping part, and the throwing a wobbler because she's shattered part. Nope i don't miss that, but i miss her laughing talking, signing, singing ect... she has been just so adorable you could eat her up. 
(Oh just to let American readers know that shattered also means really tired in British English..i didn't know that until  the day i wrote on my facebook that i was really shattered, and had three people phoned me to ask if everything was ok, i thought that they were being so sensitive to me being tired, until they said "so did the adoption fail, is that why you are so shattered?? i am so sorry"..so i now know that i must mention this discrepancy between our languages.)
She got a buggy (aka stroller, yet another British word i didn't know they didn't use in the US) from the Hammonds with a monkey inside for her birthday and ever since we can not leave the house with out it. It is SO cute SO so cute. she pushed it the whole length of Dann park, it look over and hour. She's loves it. She is adverse to dolls, like really doesn't like them but the monkey in the buggy she loves. Her friend Lili Hammond, loves dolls, loves babies and has tried to share them with Sarah but Sarah pushes them away saying baoyao (no, i don't want it) she really doesn't like them its funny to see a little girl have this reaction. However the Hammonds have had a new years baby, and Sarah has come around a little bit, to the point that she asked about him in her nightly count down of all her little and not so little friends. Every night she will ask me about all of the Hammonds, and Tilly, Anna, and Tom and i say they are asleep or watching TV or what every i think they might be doing...all the kids a are always asleep, even if they aren't! So on Thursday she asked baby? sleep? and i said yes he is. she did it every night since. cute huh. before she just kept telling me to put the baby on the floor, when we were around their house. nice huh. she'd say baby floor, and point. however by the end of the week she even asked to hold him...well for 3 seconds...then she wasn't interested any more. So there is hope that in the future i could have a second child...maybe. I'd need to be earning more money before i can think of a second one oh and maybe next time i will be married....maybe.
I'll post photos of the buggy soon.

3 comments:

The Accidental Mommy said...

WHen I was a kid I had a big buggy style stroller to play with. I used to put books in it and push it around the block. People were constantly coming over to see my little dolly and seeing my pile of books instead. Hey, that's what I thought was important!
I think 'wobbler' is a British term too. Does it mean tantrum? I heard Ozzy Osborne use it on his tv show here.

Paula Perry said...

yes it means tantrum, gosh i learn all the time of new words that are just British. We also say tantrum but wobbler is a light hearted way to say tantrum.
As for the book that's pretty cool. my nephew had a buggy when he was little (*he asked for one so my sister gave him it for his birthday) well he always pushed Thomas that tank engine or cars. So funny. Sarah loves animals and today has a cat a dog and a monkey in it!

Unknown said...

Paula your daughter Sarah is very cute in those pictures. She is having lot having with the stroller. I suggest you to gift your baby Mickey Bungee Deluxe which a lockable seesaw bouncer that makes her fun double.